Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus

Hey! Its Thursday people. One more day to go before I can rest at home. My mum is at Teluk Intan now, so I guess I don't have to rush to balik kampung as usual. hmm..

On Tuesday, I was so busy updating my blog. I want it to look pleasant. It won't be great coz I m not a PSV person (like what I said to Cipol) Just want it to be ok and nice. Now the blog looks ok, (I guess!). I dont wan't it to be so plain, or looks to rowdy, just ok will do the thing. So I slept around 4am just for that purpose. Lalala. ada orang marah aku tido pukul 4 haritu. Huhuhu.

Ok.. This would be my 2nd entry after the renovation process. In the meeting yesterday, Su and Jaja were planning to watch movie, and it was Wednesday, of course its like a thing that I MUST not miss. I , tanpa segan silu, invite myself to join them. However, I and Jaja watched AVATAR already, so we planned to watch The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.



I was planning to watch this movie with Cipol since last year. This is because my fav actor (Heath Ledger) and Cipol's fav actor (Collin Ferrel) is in it! Unfortunately, he watched it with a friend of his in Seremban last week. I m a bit disappointed, ( T_T ) but what to do. Never mind lah, there would always be other movies that I can watch with him once he is around. I was jumping up and down to watch the movie since my fav actor is in the movie. To add in the excitement, Jude Law is in it too. Woohoo!. These would be 2 of my fav actors. :)


Jude Law




Heath Ledger



Ok.. now let me tell you about the movie.

Hmm.... Cipol told me that he slept while watching the movie. I was taken aback upon hearing this, but I wanted to watch it by myself. Once I watched it, I was.. well it is not that bad. I can give 3 stars. It is not a typical movie. It is full of imagination. No wonder the title is like that. So, what do you expect? Since, I took literature, so i guess I can enjoy it more then. But all I can say is that, it is full with messages. Here, I list some of connotative messages that can be withdrawn from the movie:


1. Imagination can run wild and usually it leads to something bad. However, it can also be a temporary relief.

2. In life you have to make choices. The outcome is indeed blurry, but you have to endure it. If you are lucky, you are going to face it with open smile. If not, just take it one sip at a time k.

3. Dont trust and get emotionally involved with someone that you have just met. You must investigate the person, his intention etc. You can mix with him, but just think twice, why do you think he wants to be around you? Will it be of any good? In the movie, Tony was pretending to be supportive and good, but in fact, actually he was using Dr Parnassus and his daughter in getting away from something. Along the way, he used them to get fame, and got what he wanted. Finally, his tactics got him. He died! Because of him Valentina and Anton had problems. Hmm.. that's bad.!

4. There is no use to live 1000 years. what you have is enough lah.

5. Death can stop you from getting old, but you'll rot! Do you want that?

6. Don't trust devil. coz, even though 'he' seems nice, dresses smart, sound empathetical, he is still a devil, so do not make any pack with devil. In the movie, Dr Parnassus owde the devil fo something that he needs badly, a lady. Towards the end of the movie, he regretted it coz he lost his beloved daughter. So, make a pack with devil, you might lost the one you love too. hmm.

7. Something fun can harm you. So, before you do anything fun think again, again and again.

8. You think less when you are excited especially when lust is involved. This can be seen in the movie when those ladies got so excited after coming out from the mirror. They did not think much, they gave everything they had.

9. Don't be amazed with good looks and sweet talks. They might not be real.

10. In order for you to get ahead, you must forget the past and cherish what you have now.
11. You can be very famous, but what good will it do to you when you are alone?
12. You can always dream of becoming someone else, but what will you get when the one that you like to be is actually the one that you dont want to be? Think again.
13. You may want to take your own life, but what will happen if you have taken you own life? Do you think you will like the after life?
14. Things that you cant get would always seem like the best.
15. You can't have everything.
16. You can hide your past, but can you run from it?
17. There would always be something good out of bad.
18. We need to change if we want to be better.


huh! there are many more. I want to buy the DVD and try to list as many massages as possible. But indeed, it is not just a movie which anybody can enjoy, you have to think. really REALLY deep. You might not think about this while watching it, but the thoughts after it that will make you realize, wow... it is indeed a masterpiece.

Kenapa sesiapa yang ambil literature, go and watch this movie. You will ponder many things! hehe.
Julia, abang kesayangan ko, si Pirate of Carribean tu pun ada. haha.

2 comments:

Norjulia said...

aaaa...yeeeee....nampaaakkkkk....rasa nk kuar dr opis neh skrg jugak...meninggalkan slide presentation ku yg tak siap lagi neh....utk pergi melihat abg pirate aku tuuuuuu......T__T

uuuu~~

zack yahaya said...

HAHA. sila lah! haha!

Post a Comment