Saturday, June 13, 2009

Posh? Am I? Posho!




My really close friend, back in Malaysia, would always refer me as a posh guy! What? Posh? According Oxford Dictionary, posh means:
1. Elegant and expensive.
2. Stylish.

So which one does she refer me to? I don’t know. I don’t see myself as posh. I just simply wear or buy what I like. And, as mentioned in my previous post, I am a smart buyer. So, bargain is my mission. Anyway, my new friends might not know me that much, but she (my best friend) has known me for ages, and she knows what type of guy I am. Might be it is how she views me, that makes me posh. Haha! And I have just realised that those high class and stylish people are being called as posho! Am I a posho?

Ok! So I had some chats with couple of friends. We talked about hantaran kahwin. For me, I want everything to be a surprise. I m NOT gonna go and buy something, which later will be decorated and they will be returned back to me? Apa ni? What is the purpose of doing so? Haiyo! What a waste. I would love the girl’s side, buy things for me, and I don’t know about them. So that, later I’ll be surprised.

But then, my friend said, what if they buy me things that I don’t like. Hmm.. It does make sense. What if they give me a football boot? What about a fishing rod, or petroleum voucher? Owh no! I’ll lose my posh-iness! Haha. No.. My point is, it is kind of difficult for people to understand my taste. And that is why I have never ever received presents. Haha! EH! I did. Some!...

Some presents... hmm... yeah! I m going to throw them away tomorrow. ! A bonia belt and wallet. Owh! Come on! Since she is now no longer attached to me, so I can kutuk! OMG! I am in my twenties and she gave me BONIA? Owh! My! Come on! Bonia is meant for pensioners, meant for elderly, senior people. I was trying to give her some clues that.. Hallo! Takdak brand lain ka? But she just didn’t get it! Then, kalau kata lebih2, merajuk. So... pakai je la. But tomorrow, officially, I’ll dump them! La la la ! so happy! So, what would be ‘my brands’? Mine is simple. Just go to Jusco! Haaaa... berlambak! I just love Padini, seed, guess, Giordano etc. Those are meant for yuppie like me. Hehe.. yuppie ke? And their price.. reasonable wei! So that is why my wardrobe penuh these brands. I did buy some brands for seniors, once in a while, ya la.. just nak ingatkan diri that I am actually getting old, but I just don’t like them. Not just yet. Give me 5 more years, then, I’ll worship Bonia. Haha.

Now ! My current fav is FCUK. Why? I don’t know! I just like it. And I m NOT into expensive brands like topman (eh? Topman mampu lagi kot?), LV, Kenneth Cole. Guzzman, Armani, Gucci, Bally bla bla since nanti tak kena gaya pulak. Dah la I am the selebet type, kang baju hebat sure orang kata, alah.. siam mari la tu.. so better not!. But I m aiming to buy some things from Gucci, Armani (maybe), paul smith, paul frank, prada, D&G and of course Zegna! Huhu. Mampu kah? Tapi I am going to wait.. sapa nak kasi aku hadiah from these brands... ada berani?

Ok ok.... dah melalut, back to the story, hantaran. Ok... my friend said, “hang ni nak branded bukan main, nanti hang suruh pihak perempuan beli, tup2 hang dapat minyak wangi Dashing! Padan muka!” BaMM! Betul juga kata member aku tu! Haha. So maybe tak jadi suruh dorang beli. But, hmm... what if I provide them with my wish list. Boleh ka? Haha

Ok! Aku bukan la riak takabbur, just that, I want people to realise how people out there perceive branded items like... as if brand is the only thing! oWh come on! It is not!

I had once worn a very cheap shirt, but my friend said “baju ko ni semua mahal2.” I did not say anything. I just smiled. Haha! Was it her, or was it me?

Owh! It getting early since it is 6am now. Hehe. So I better sign off.

To my old friends, (you know who you are) you guys know me and who I am.

To my new friends, you know me, but.... not knowing me just yet! Hahaha.

Nah! I m just kidding! I love you guys.


As a reminder: for my upcoming b’day, Gucci satu! Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment