Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I know what you did last CNY! pt 1

Dear all.


I dont know how to describe the joy that I had last week. I didnt have full 7 days holiday like the rest of school teachers, but I did enjoy it! even not to the fullest. By any chance I would love to extend it, but the problem is ...I couldnt! T_T. Here, in this limited space, I 'll try my best to describe the short holiday that I had. Tiring.. indeed.

Friday ( 12 February 2010)


The day started as usual. Tiring! I had to go to work and got to settle tonnes of works (again as usual!) however that day I was so highly spirited. My bro was coming home. Yeay! I miss his company a lot. He had a week holiday and he had bought expensive ticket too. I usually stay alone at home, with his company at least I am not that bored. There would always be somebody to disturb. He was free that Friday even though at first he said he had test, he had quiz, he had class, but around 10 am, I received a very beautiful mms from him. OMG! He was working on a project. He was so busy with his artsy project. If I am not mistaken, he has to prepare 22 artworks for the whole semester. Gosh! Since he is taking PSV (Visual Arts Education) no wonder la he has to work so hard. And I do understand his situation. I had worked on artworks also before and to tell you the truth I couldnt sleep just because of that. My case would be a bit different. I couldnt work if the sun is out and about. So I will start working after midnite. So I couldnt sleep, of course.




My bro's work! nice eh? *2 thumbs up*

Back to the story, my bro took a train from Seremban to KL. He did arrive in KL early. His bus to Penang was scheduled to be around 4.30. UNFORTUNATELY, his bus had been postponed from an hour to 4 HOURS. He was so pissed off. To add in the excitement, he realised that the price that he had to pay for the ticket was much more expensive than other passengers. He had to be there for hours and all he got to know was that he had to pay more. gosh! Buses these days! Around 7.30++ the bus did arrive and off he departed from the smelly and hot PUDU. In the bus he did blab a bit, but after that he dozed off, (actually he did not, but his phone was! haha).

My sister called me around 9.00pm asking me to arrive at my kampung earlier since my mum was planning to have a kenduri. I dared not drive after 12 am since I would surely know that my eyes would not even stay open even for 5 mins. So I told her that I would arrive at my kampung after suboh!

My bro arrived in Butterworth around 1 am. At that time I was on my bed, trying to sleep. Upon receiving his call, I woke up and off to fetch him at the bus terminal. He was so tired. I was tired too. When we arrived home, off to bed! zzzzz

Saturday ( 13 February 2010)

I woke up really early since my mom wanted me to arrive home early. I tried to wake by bro. I insisted him to follow me since I know there will be tonnes of food prepared for the kenduri. Well to tell you the truth, when there is a kenduri at my house, and when my eldest sister, Kak Chaq and my sis in law, Kak Yang, are around, they would surely prepare delicacies. Usually there would always be many leftovers. Hmm.. that was why I wanted my bro to join me since I know my bro loves food A LOT!. If he stayed at my 'rumah burung' alone, there was definitely no food available and he had to go and buy some. After some attempts, my bro couldnt get up! My sister called me and kinda gave me a slight angry tone since I hadnt arrived. So, I resulted in going home alone without my bro. My bro was still sleeping. I was a bit pissed off, but what to do, he was tired. So I let him slept. I rushed back to my kampung, Parit Buntar.

When I arrived, it was around 8.oo am, I was so shocked to see that there were only 3 cars. Baak's volvo, B.Jun's wira and K.Chaq's Spectra. Where were the rest! I thought they were all ready for the kenduri. As I stepped into the living room, I felt like exploding. Why? Most of the males in my family were still sleeping! wargh!!!! Felt like burning the house. I was rushing madly just to think that every body was awake and ready to roll, but then... sigh! I was so frustrated. Luckily nothing bad happened to me (since I was speeding like mad on my way back! sigh)... frust and mad indeed. I kept quite for like an hour! Like I always do! :p

The ladies were all getting prepared for the kenduri and they were all in the kitchen cutting this and that, frying this and that. Baak was awake and he asked me to help him with the rock mellon.

This is rock mellon (if you havent seen one before.)
The peeled rock mellons

For the kenduri, the rock mellons were freshly picked from their farm in Puchong. My bro in law grows them. He wants orang kampung to try them. He brought home all the way from Puchong. That morning I was incharged of peeling off the skin of these rock mellons. To tell you the truth the skin is rather thick. huhu! But it was an easy job!

After that, as usual, I couldnt sit still. I must keep my hand on something. I must do something. To just sit there and do nothing would definitely not me. So I started to gibble here and there and finally, I was the one incharged of the dining table and I had to prepare the table for breakfast.

Some of the food for brekky! (havent been arranged just yet. lambak je!)

As i mentioned earlier there were tonnes of food. For breakfast we had nasi lemak, satay, cakes, this and that....! The table was full with food. Once everybody got ready, around 9.30 we had our breakfast.

My anak2 sedara were having their brekky by the paddy field!

Owh, not to forget, before that Kakak and EE arrived from Klang. Two more cars were added in front of my mom's house. Now the compound was full with cars. EE had to stop several times along the way since the highway was full with traffic. He nearly hit the car in front of him since he was so sleepy. The traffic jam was bad. So he had to stop like 4 times. Stopped and went to sleep. Fortunately, all my family members were able to make it before the kenduri. My makcik, pakcik, pak long, pak ngah, all of them made it to the kenduri. My mom was so happy! It had been her doa' since our previous kenduri.

Talking about our prevoius kenduri in 2008, to tell you the truth, we (the whole family) were VERY dissappointed since it was not properly organised. The kenduri doa selamat which meant for me (as that time I was leaving to further my study in sydney) and for my mum since she had just recovered from a terrible sickness, did not turn out well. Guests did not turn up! Only some managed to attend. There were many food left. My mom was sad! And becoz of that, she planned another kenduri which happened last CNY. This time around, the kenduri was a success!! My mum smiled all the way!

2b continued...








1 comments:

Norjulia said...

cptlaaa continue...

Post a Comment